Sony Brings Back PlayStation Exclusivity for Single Player Games

19.05.2026
Кристина Фазлієва

PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst reportedly informed employees during a Monday morning town hall that the company is changing its release strategy. According to him, narrative focused single-player titles from PlayStation studios will once again remain exclusive to PlayStation consoles instead of launching on PC.

This move effectively supports earlier reports from Bloomberg, which claimed Sony was reconsidering its multiplatform plans and intended to place a stronger emphasis on exclusive content for the PlayStation ecosystem.

«SCOOP: PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall Monday morning that the company's narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg's reporting from earlier this year».

SCOOP: PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall Monday morning that the company's narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg's reporting from earlier this year.Original story from March: www.bloomberg.com/news/article...

Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier.bsky.social) 2026-05-18T18:47:45.020Z

As a Reminder, Sony Raises the Price of PlayStation Plus Subscription.

Теми:
Subscribe to our Telegram and Twitter to keep up to date with the latest news from the world of gaming and eSports

Recent News

Comments

Comments are closed.

Players is a modern media about Ukrainian and global esports. About games, players, and for players.

Made in Kyiv with ❤️
News, columns and podcasts — news@players.com.ua
Advertising and partnerships — adv@players.com.ua

Serhiy Taran (Editor-in-Chief) — sergey@players.com.ua
Iryna Barysheva (Publisher) — iryna@players.com.ua
Anton Mazai (Publisher and CTO) — anton@players.com.ua
© 2021-2026 Players. When using materials from the site, a hyperlink to the original article's location page with the Players publication is required.